Day 8: Site Structure & Silo’s — That’s An Alliteration Again, Awesome
I want to start today by talking about something very important to me, indecisiveness. I’ve had my battles with being indecisive, I still do. However, I’m now aware of this in my mind. And so I’m able to change my state of mind and attack the problem head on. Which is what is usually causing my indecisiveness.
4 Steps To Problem Solving I learned From Dale Carnegie.. I think?
- What is the problem? Write it down and define it.
- What is the source/cause of the problem?
- List the possible solutions.
- Select a solution.
- Implement the solution.
- Reflect & adjust going forward.
This is such a great process for decision-making and problem solving. Let’s attempt to apply to the problem I’m having of deciding a site structure for this no code niche.
What is the problem?
I cannot decide on a site structure for this website. I want it to be very easy to use, and make sense from a user standpoint — as well as a computer standpoint (i.e. Google bots).
What is the cause of the problem?
I haven’t done ENOUGH research to backup my thoughts with hard data. I have some keyword research, but I haven’t gone as deep as I need to make the decisions that will effect my websites.
List all the possible solutions:
- Do a competitor deep dive to find out what and how they set up their websites for maximum effectiveness.
- Select hubs based keyword volume even though that might change in the future.
- Brainstorm on Dynalist all the possible variations by train of thought and logic. Get in the customers mind and figure out where and what they want to see next.
- Look at other SUCCESSFUL affiliate sites and check to see how they do it.
- Look at other software review companies and see how they do it. For example: website tool tester and sites like that. They review software and website builders as an affiliate blog and I know they do very well for themselves monthly.